Santarita's Coconut and Cacao Cookies
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 10mins
1/2 cup Coconut Flour
2 Tablespoons Raw Cacao Powder
1-2 Tablespoons Chia Seeds
2 Tablespoons Almond Meal (optional)
30g Scoop Punish Chocolate WPI
1/4 cup Finely Desiccated Coconut
1/2 cup Filtered Water
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
1. Turn oven to Bake 150 degrees Celsius. No fan required.
2. You will need a medium to large bowl for the dry mix and a small bowl for the wet mix.
3. Starting with the DRY mix, sift together 1/2 cup of coconut flour, 2 tablespoons of raw cacao powder, 1/4 cup of finely desiccated coconut, 2 tablespoons of almond meal and 30g of Punish WPI chocolate protein powder. Sift as much of the mixture as you can into the bowl to ensure you remove any big clumps.
4. For the WET mix. Add 1/2 cup of water to a cup or bowl. Add 1 - 2 tablespoons of chia seeds to the water and stir, ensuring each one is well covered in water. Allow approx. 5 minutes for the chia seeds to absorb the water, stirring every 30 seconds or so. Once you have a gel consistency, add a teaspoon of vanilla essence to the mix. If it''s not thick enough, add more chia seeds, or a teaspoon of Psyllium Husks to thicken. (optional)
5. Swirl the dry mix a little to loosen. Add the wet mix. Stir and fold the mixture well, ensuring you have a paste like batter. Not too moist, but not dry either. If it's too dry, just add a touch of water and keep mixing. If too wet, add some desiccated coconut to thicken a little.
6. Put on your food handling gloves. Then, using a tablespoon to measure each portion, scoop out some mixture and roll into a ball. Continue and place each ball onto a baking tray, lined with, you guessed it, baking paper. You can also add a goji berry in the middle or sprinkle with some left over coconut. Be creative! Place your index finger in the middle of each ball and press down to create your cookie.
7. Bake in oven for no more than 10 minutes. You don't want to over cook these.
8. You will be tempted to have one as soon as they're ready.. Go on, you're only human..ENJOY! I keep mine in the fridge as it ensures they remain firm on the outside and moist in the centre. Perfect to take to work for a mid-morning or afternoon snack.